Monday, March 28, 2011

so, who am i?

i'm really starting to figure this out. now that i have my own family and i'm getting a little older i realize that i'm the one who has to be happy with my life, and i'm worrying a lot less about what other people think, expect, and want me to do. my husband, valon, and i are starting to focus more on what we want and how we want to live our lives, raise our children, and spend our time...and less on satisfying the expectations of others..."the norm." everyone has an opinion, and that's fine with me. they can live their lives however they want. doesn't bother me. ;)

i've been thinking about starting a blog for quite a while now...i guess i finally did it. to be honest, i don't really know anything about blogging and i still have no idea what i'm supposed to do. lol! i just figured i'd start it and i'll see what happens...i'll figure it out. lots of people do it, it can't be that hard. haha.

i started a shop on etsy several months ago. it's going pretty well so far and i'm really excited about it. i'm always trying to come up with new ideas! i have so many that i'm anxious to try! my husband and i hope to be able to work together, ideally from home, so we can all be together as much as possible. hopefully, etsy will make that possible in the near future! my biggest problem is, i wish i could change the name of my shop. why, etsy, won't you let me change it?! just once!! lol! check out my site: http://www.littleshopofphotos.etsy.com/

i like doing almost every activity with my husband and kids, enjoying nature, the outdoors, camping, hiking, biking, traveling, creating, trying new pizzerias, photography, putzing around flea markets, hanging out at home on a saturday night and watching a movie...and a bunch of other things. lol.

i'm 27, married to my best friend of almost 10 years, and we have two fabulous, fun little kids. my son is two and a half and my daughter will be one next week! wow, time flies! we live in ct in an old converted barn. it's really cool and we love this house. we have two overly-friendly cats, and a new few baby goats that still need to be bottle fed twice a day. they are a huge hit with the kids. lol. i graduated from wcsu with a b.a. in anthropology and sociology. that's enough info for now. don't wanna leak it all at once. more to come. ;)

life is getting so exciting. i'm thoroughly enjoying the right now, but can't wait for the rest, and all of our upcoming adventures we're planning...and not planning. ;)

michele

3 comments:

  1. Hello Michele, Welcome to blogging, it's fun. I am your first follower! lol You will have many.
    I like your shop on Etsy and your photos are amazing. Great frog picture! When you can capture something like that (the Fly) -photography is really your calling. Make sure you put a link to your shop on here so people can see what I am talking about. Good Luck.
    Blessings,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele, cute blog & shop! I was looking at your items for sale and read about your old barn home...sounds just perfect! Good Luck with your new blog ~Bess
    http://www.besserina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Babs and Bess! I'm still trying to get used to the whole blogging thing, lol...but so far, it's fun! I appreciate the kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete